- I specialize in science communications and am comfortable writing about diverse areas of health, biology, medicine, nutrition, and food science.
- I have strong skills in AP newswriting and a talent for communicating complicated research clearly and in a concise and compelling manner.
- I have experience covering science and medical conferences of various types.
- I have a passionate desire to deliver work efficiently that meets the highest of science writing standards consistently.
- Master's of science degree in human nutrition, University of Bridgeport
- Bachelor's of arts degree in English, University of Illinois @ Springfield
I'm an active member of the National Association of Science Writers, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Society for Nutrition, the Institute of Food Technologists, the American College of Nutrition, the American Society of Naturalists, and the American Oil Chemists' Society.
Who have I written for?
- Scientific American
- American Society for Nutrition (blog and Nutrition Notes Daily)
- Institute of Food Technologists: IFT Live
- Annals of Long-term Care: Clinical Care and Aging
- Clinical Geriatrics
- Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence
- Chandler Republic
- I’m the social media, blog, and newsletter editor for Cactus IFT, the Arizona chapter of Institute of Food Technologists.
- One can't always blog; one has a mortgage and has to pay the bills... so, luckily, I also have a day job as a staff nutritionist and science editor for Isagenix, which I enjoy. Note that the views expressed on this blog or in my tweets are not representative of the company's views.